A humble attempt to document life and all its eccentricities

Friday, October 10, 2008

I guess this is the formal introduction...

Since I was recently incorporated into the UIS Blogger club, I guess I should formally introduce myself. My name is Luke Runyon. I'm no good at this whole 'describe yourself' thing so my good friend Howard Kang has made it a tad bit easier. Here's his questions answered my me.


1) Why did you choose your major?
Well, this was actually a pretty easy decision for me. I'm terrible at Math and Science so that ruled out roughly half my choices. I've always been interested in broadcasting and mass media so Communication seemed to be the best way to explore those further.

2) What are your plans post-graduation?
I'm currently looking into public radio internships for this upcoming summer. In an ideal world I could straight into radio production or even be a presenter for awhile. However, the media industry can be a difficult field to break into so we'll see what happens.

3) What's the last non-textbook you read?
It's called 'Survivor' by Chuck Palahniuk, the same guy who wrote 'Fight Club'. It's a really great book about a man who was part of a cult who inevitably killed themselves but he stayed around for awhile to cash in in the media on being the last known survivor of this cult.

4) What's the last movie you watched?
Pulp Fiction actually. A couple of my flatmates had never seen it and I was appalled so I quickly went to this library and rented it.

5) What's the last thing you watched on TV?
It's this really trashy Australian soap opera called 'Neighbours'. We watch it mostly for the cringe-worthy acting and ridiculous story lines.

6) What's you favorite thing about being at UIS?
Well, I'm not currently at UIS but I'm looking forward to being in close proximity to all of my friends again. Plus the gym here in Australia pales in comparison to TRAC.

7) What's at the top of your iTunes playlist right now?
Technically the song I play most is 'Let's Make Love and Listen to Death from Above' by CSS. But the bands I've been playing constantly for two weeks are MGMT and Passion Pit.

8) What's one guilty pleasure you have?
80s music. I know it's not good. But it's so bad it's good.

9) Where's the best place you've ever traveled & why?


I've seen so many beautiful places since I've been here in Australia. My favorite has probably been Karijini National Park in Western Australia. It felt like I was in a dream the entire time I was there.




10) Create your own question.
I'll go the same philosophical route as Howard and pose the question: How?

1 comment:

Howard Kang said...

Dude, I can't wait to read more about stuff in Australia. Everytime someone mentions Holy Land Diner I think of the "vegetarian incident." hahaha

Miss you, bud.

...oh and...Do they speak English in what?