A humble attempt to document life and all its eccentricities

Monday, August 25, 2008

"As days go by, it's the bigger love of the family." Family Matters, anyone?









=









They always say that family values are what keep a country together. I'm not sure who 'they' are in that previous sentence but I think they're true to some extent. I don't usually play into that whole 'family values' bullshit that a lot of people are using to keep marijuana illegal or ban gay marriage, but here this household, right here...in flat 21, right smack dab in Perth, we take our family dinners incredibly seriously. When it's family dinner night, you sit your ass down and you enjoy the cooking of your fellow flatmate.

I cooked last Thursday and it was amazing. It was a chicken alfredo pasta bake with spinach, that's right, SPINACH! I made my own friggin' alfredo sauce too! I owned that pasta bake! I started at about 5:15 since everyone wasn't going to be back until 6:30 or so. The recipe said to allow for 45 minutes of prep and cook time, but I wanted to give myself the benefit of the doubt. I cranked up my music and went to work. Dancing around the kitchen, I became one with the food. There was no longer a differentiation between me and the pasta bake, we. were. one. Deep, I know.

The flatmates were treated to a nose feast when they walked in. Garlic, parmesan, herbs, and more garlic. I don't want to brag but this smörgåsbord of flavor would've made you believe in God. I was even a believer, at least until the end of the meal.

We talked about each other's day. Made little family inside jokes. Ragged on Nate, as always. Just enjoyed each other's company. So nice.

So if they are right about all that family values stuff, I'm pretty sure Australia's gonna be just fine cause flat 21's family values are solid. Our blood runs hell deep. Ya dig?

2 comments:

Tabatha said...

luke ur blogs are hilarious!

Luke said...

Why thank you Tabatha. I mean every word I write.